Sunday, January 24, 2010

Connected Because

So this afternoon we went to a house church here in Mae Sot. This house church was what most of my friends would know as "small group"; although here it is all the church consists of. It was such a special moment for me to be seated around somebody's living room, talk about our week, open the word, and share and pray. We even got a piece of hot apple crisp with ice cream at the end....not to mention the sweet tea! :-)

We took communion together and as I sat there in prayer/thought a realization hit me that we are here together because of what He did on the cross. The only reason we had "family" around us on the other side of the world is because of what Christ did for us. We wouldn't be sitting in a strangers living room with people we didn't know and feel the love of God if Christ didn't die on the cross. He provided it all for us.

Living out of a backpack for the last 2 and half months and moving from place to place disconnects you a little from feeling that intimidate connection with people. I didn't realize how much I missed my small group and having people around me, in person, to lift me up. God reminded me that it is all of gift from Him. With out Him I wouldn't be standing in Thailand. I wouldn't be waiting for some new friends to come to the hotel to meet us for dinner. With out Him I couldn't do what I am doing.

It seems like when I think of the cross I think of the saving power of Christ's blood that saved me from a life with out Him. An eternity with out Him. It gives me freedom and strength...but I never thought of it as giving me a family no matter where I am in the world. A precious moment to see that God's gift of the cross is even sweeter than before!!!

1 comment:

  1. SO good!! Thanks for sharing, Britt! It is so cool to get a glimpse of what you're doing over there...it makes me feel a little closer to you! Your small group is praying for you and thinking of you often!!! :)

    ReplyDelete