Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random thoughts

We arrived home almost 2 weeks ago which has been strange but surprisingly very normal feeling. I haven't jumped back into things full force; I really felt like the Lord asked me to wait very carefully and prayerfully consider each commitment I make so I don't get filled up with lots of "stuff" to do.

I think the American food is too much - I can't believe the portions they give here. I can hardly finish half of a meal I get. And I wish I could get more fresh fruit.

I like the weather now because it's cool but not freezing and the ground is snow-less! When I got back the snow was still there but melting and now it's almost gone - spring is coming and it's a happy feeling! I love the clear blue skies that stretch out as far as you can see; to lay in my cozy bed and feel the sun beating down on my face.

I miss walking down bustling streets and trying new food. I miss the people we met and the adventure that always laid ahead.

There is a phrase that I keep pondering on. I wrote it in my journal and then stopped and looked at it and asked myself where that came from. " There should be no disappointment when we live a life with Jesus; only realization that God has a better plan". It's totally changed my way of thinking the last couple days as I do the whole job searching, what next thing. It's exciting.

Everything is so quite and there are no people here. I feel lost walking on quite paths, driving through neighborhoods that are calm, and not sitting in traffic for hours.

I love tacos, salsa, american desserts, and good coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment